Idea: On January 30, 2016, Interim Chancellor of the Arkansas State University system released an email to the ASU faculty and student body regarding three students and two faculty members that were affected by the recently signed Executive Order 13769. The order was signed on January 27, 2017 and titled “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.” The order temporarily suspended those entering the country from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Libya and Yemen.
- Doug Whitlock – ASU Interim Chancellor, email@example.com, (870) 972-3030, Administration Building 201
- Islamic Center of Jonesboro — firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, (870) 275-5535
- International Student Services — Mallory Yarbrough, Coordinator of ISS, firstname.lastname@example.org, (870) 972-2329, International Student Services and English Language Academy S301
- What actions is the ASU system taking to solve the issue of the students not being able to return to campus?
- What kind of reimbursement/benefit will these students and faculty members receive, if any?
- What is the status of the students’ enrollment and the faculty’s tenure?
- What is/will ASU do to prepare for an additional order of this magnitude and imperativeness in the future?
- Arkansas State University students and faculty are unable to return home after the signing of Executive Order 13769 which temporarily prohibits individual entry to the United States from seven Middle Eastern countries. Currently three students and two faculty members have been affected.
- Members of the International Student Service of Arkansas State University are reaching out to students and faculty that are unable to return to campus after the recently signed Executive Order 13769 halted their return to the States.
- Link to White House official website with full outline of Executive Order 13679
- Link to C-SPAN website with video of Trump signing orders
- Link to International Students Service page via ASU website
- Link to Islamic Center of Jonesboro website
- Photos of the students/faculty affected
- Embedded video of Chancellor announcement/address of situation